A Fund that supports first responders and their families who serve our communities. The Terry Farrell Firefighters Scholarship Fund, Inc. (hereinafter “the Fund”) shall operate to assist the firefighting community with educational, medical emergency and equipment grants. The Fund shall operate as a volunteer organization, maintaining limited administrative budgets while granting out ninety percent (90 %) of funds raised to support the mission on an annual basis. No Officer, Board Member or elected Official of the Fund shall receive special compensation or payment for time served on behalf of the Fund for any reason other than compensation for out of pocket expenses. Members of the Board and Volunteers of the Fund shall not discriminate against any member of the fire service on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, national origin, sexual preference, religion, physical disability or employment or volunteer status. All members of the fire service shall be treated equally regardless of paid or volunteer status.
The Fund shall administer grants in an open fashion with awards being subject to review by any and all parties requesting such review. Grants shall be administered by the following terms and conditions:
• SCHOLARSHIPS: shall be awarded to children of firefighters who attend vocational or parochial school upon submission of a written application detailing parents duty status within the fire service, age of student, grade entering in fall of coming school year and contact information of family. All scholarships shall be awarded pursuant to a lottery drawing held at the office of the Fund on the first Sunday in August of each scholarship year. Scholarship amounts shall be made at the sole discretion of the Board.
• MEDICAL EMERGENCY GRANTS: in the event a firefighter or member of firefighter’s family becomes ill, disabled or incapacitated the Fund shall, upon written request from the firefighter or firefighter’s family member and supported by medical documentation, affect a financial grant to assist the requesting fire service member. Such grant amount shall be at the sole discretion of the Board and require a majority of voting members to agree.
• EQUIPMENT GRANTS: requests for assistance with the purchase of fire service equipment, apparatus, protective clothing or tools shall be made to the Fund by fire departments on department letterhead and signed by the chief of the requesting department. The amount of each grant award shall be at the sole discretion of the Board of Directors and require a majority of the vote eligible members
• TRAINING GRANTS: The Fund shall supply all training materials and instructors to any fire department that cannot otherwise afford to properly train and safely operate at fire and emergency scenes. There shall never be any cost to the receiving department or municipality.
• MENTAL HEALTH TRAINING & COUNSELING: the fund will provide licensed mental health professionals to train first responders and will provide confidential one on one counseling to any first responder or family member in need. Additionally, mental health awareness training is available to all departments.
• YOUTH PROGRAMS: The Fund will assist with establishment and administration of after school programs or “junior” programs to train high school students interested in the emergency services and to help them learn about responsibility and volunteerism within their communities.
• DISASTER RESPONSE & SUPPORT: The Fund’s volunteers shall respond to all natural disasters across the Nation and provide direct material and financial support where needed.
The Fund shall maintain the highest standards of integrity when dealing with members of the fire service, corporate sponsors, and members of the public and government agencies. The Fund shall operate solely to serve the needs of the firefighters who serve our communities.
The Terry Farrell Firefighters Scholarship Fund, Inc. was established after the tragic loss of 343 firefighters on September 11, 2001 to support the firefighters and their families who continue to serve the communities of America.
You can impact several lives by joining our Footprints journey and by becoming a fundraiser. Join a campaign and download the Charity Footprints' free mobile fitness application and #GetFitGiveBack.
Terry Farrell Firefighters Fund 510 Grumman Rd. West Ste 213
CHARITY FOOTPRINTS, INC.
We're committed to making this world healthy, generous & happy by promoting fitness and encouraging charitable giving. Let's get started and #GetFitGiveBack.