The Military Women’s Memorial 25th Anniversary Challenge brings together members, supporters, partners, friends, and family from around the world in celebration of a major milestone – 25 years of honoring and telling the stories of America’s Servicewomen, past and present. Show your support and join us in a little friendly competition for the 25th Anniversary Challenge as we count down to MWM's official 25th Anniversary on October 18th; 2022; raise awareness for the Memorial and its mission; remember, honor, and celebrate these past 25 years; and help ensure the future of the Memorial for the next 25 years.
Join our Military Women’s Memorial (MWM) 25th Anniversary 25-Day Challenge! The challenge is a fun way for our community of members and supporters to come together to celebrate the Military Women’s Memorial 25th Anniversary. Register now for the Challenge and join us as we count down to the Memorial’s 25th Anniversary on October 18th. Challenge your friends, family, employees, colleagues, groups, and teams to stay fit while enjoying the camaraderie of our challenge community, all the while supporting MWM’s important mission.
Individuals can register for a 25K, 25-mile challenge, or set their own goal – racking up miles along a virtual route around the D.C. Metro area’s well-known landmarks. Once registered for the 25K or 25-mile challenge, participants can create a team and invite their friends, family, and colleagues or sign up with an already established team.
This virtual race allows you to participate on your own or with others, all the while putting in the miles wherever you are and at your own pace. Simply register anytime now through October 16th and start logging miles by doing what you like to stay active - running, walking, biking, rowing, swimming, or whatever your favorite exercise. Get ready to celebrate with our MWM community and enjoy the camaraderie and a little friendly competition.
We are StrongHER Together!
We look forward to welcoming you to Team MWM for our 25th Anniversary Challenge!
Registration:Now through October 16, 2022
The Challenge:September 23 to October 18, 2022 (at your own pace)
25-Day Challenge Community Goal
“Walk” 250,000 miles and raise $250,000!
STEP 1: REGISTER
Set up your account anytime between now and October 16th. Once you register, you will have your own fundraising web page.
$45/participant includes a challenge medal, e-bib, and e-certificate.
Participants have the option to opt out of the challenge medal, donating those funds back to the Memorial. **Medals can only be shipped to continental U.S., Alaska, Hawaii, and APO addresses. Address entered upon registering will be used for shipping. **Medals will ship 6-8 weeks after challenge ends. Due to supply chain issues, there is always a chance of delay.
Goal: 25K or 25 Miles
(or set your personal goal higher and compete for a distance prize)
There is no additional cost to create or join a team.
Goal: 250 Miles
After registering for the 25K or 25 Mile challenge, individuals can create teams and invite friends, family, colleagues, and supporters by sharing their team link. Each individual team member’s miles will be tallied together for total team miles.
STEP 2: RECRUIT
Invite your family, friends, neighbors, and colleagues from anywhere in the world to take part in the challenge. If you created a team, recruit your team members to join you by sharing your team link with them.
STEP 3: FUNDRAISE
Share your team fundraising page with others so they can support you by donating to your fundraiser. Post the link to your 25-Day Challenge fundraising web page on social media or send it in a text to friends and family.
Suggested Individual Fundraising Goal: $250
Prizes for Fundraising
$250 - Receive a $15 MWM Gift Shop gift certificate
$500 - Receive a $25 MWM Gift Shop gift certificate
$1000 - Receive a $50 MWM Gift Shop gift certificate
*Gift certificates will be issued based on cumulative funds raised by an individual participant at the close of the challenge on October 18, 2022. Prizes are for individuals only. While individuals who are part of a team do qualify to participate, teams do not qualify for MWM Gift Shop gift certificates.
STEP 4: TRACK
Track your miles/activity from September 23rd – October 18th
There are three ways to track your progress:
• Download the free Charity Footprints App
• Sync your fitness device (Fitbit, Apple Watch, Garmin, Google Fit, Misfit, Strava) or use the health app on your iPhone.
• Manually enter your miles on your event page
Use the chart below to convert other fitness activities into miles.
Corporate Sponsorship Opportunities
Support the Military Women’s Memorial with a corporate, family, or in honor/memory of sponsorship. Receive recognition across our Charity Footprints page and app, reaching our MWM community in the United States and around the world.
*Deadline for e-postcard and e-certificate recognition is September 23.
Champion Level - $10,000 (1 opportunity)
• Prime logo recognition on e-bib
(logo added to e-bib after sponsorship complete)
• Challenge finish e-postcard logo placement and special recognition
• Prime logo recognition on e-certificate
• Prime logo on the race website
• 10 free challenge registrations
• Company write-up in MWM newsletter (50K reach)
• Social media and newsletter recognition
Changemaker Level - $5,000 (4 opportunities)
• Logo recognition on challenge milestone e-postcards
The Women In Military Service For America Memorial Foundation, Inc. reserves the right to refuse sponsorship to companies or organizations that do not align properly with our mission. In this event, the Foundation will return all sponsorship funds received.
PRIZES & RECOGNITION
There will be prizes for the individuals and teams that:
1. Accumulate the most miles (distance)
2. Raise the most funds (fundraiser)
3. Have the highest number of individual donors (awareness)
4. Participant located farthest distance from the Memorial (location)
Prizes (MWM branded challenge gear) and special recognition awarded to:
• Individual Trailblazers:Top two individuals on the Charity Footprints Leaderboard for the most miles logged.
• Team* Trailblazers:Top team on the Charity Footprints Leaderboard for the most miles logged.
• Individual 25K Fundraiser Champions:Top two 25K participants on the Charity Footprints Leaderboard for the most funds raised (based on total $ amount).
• Individual 25-Miler Fundraiser Champions:Top two 25-Miler participants on the Charity Footprints Leaderboard for the most funds raised (based on total $ amount).
• Team Fundraiser Champions: Top team on the Charity Footprints Leaderboard for the largest average amount of funds raised. Based on the total $ amount of donations to all individuals on a team divided by the number of participants on a team.
• Individual 25K Awareness Changemakers:Top two 25K participants on Charity Footprints Leaderboard for the largest number of individual donations on their challenge fundraiser page.
• Individual 25-Miler Awareness Changemaker:Top two 25-Miler participants on Charity Footprints Leaderboard for the largest number of individual donations on their challenge fundraiser page.
• Team Awareness Changemaker:Top team on Charity Footprints Leaderboard for the largest average number of individual donations combined for all participants on a team. Based on the total number of individual donations divided by the number of participants on a team.
• Individual Location Scout:Top two individual participants located farthest straight line distance from the Military Women's Memorial.
*For calculating fundraising and awareness challenge winners, the cutoff is 11:59 PM ET on October 17.
*Winners will receive branded MWM Challenge Gear.
*Each individual on a winning team will receive one prize. Max number of prizes per team is 12.
Your donation will support the Military Women’s Memorial Foundation's mission by helping fund educational resources, public programming, artifact preservation, general operations, and a major interior renovation which will significantly enhance the visitor experience to better understand and visualize the breadth and depth of women’s service to the nation.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is Charity Footprints?
Charity Footprints is a social enterprise that connects fitness and charitable giving. We empower people just like you, to get fit & give back.
Our Virtual Races allow non-profits to challenge their patrons to run, walk or ride and raise funds just as they would in a fundraising walkathon. The best part - charities save over 45% in event and logistical costs. So, the dollars that you pay to register or fundraise, go farther.
What is the campaign registration fee?
Campaign registration fee is the amount that you'll need to pay to enroll in this virtual race. This fee (less transaction charges) will go to the non-profit running this campaign as a donation.
The registration fee along with the funds raised through your individual fundraising page will enable the non-profit to fund various programs and pursue their organization's mission.
How can I create my fundraising page?
Well, you wouldn't have to create a separate fundraising page. Once you register for this campaign, we'll give you the link to your fundraising page.
While registering for the campaign, select the team you'd like to join or create a new team and invite others to #GetFitGiveBack with you. If you want to join a team (or create your team) after registration, login to the campaign site and you would find a link to edit "My Team" in the menu under your profile in the header.
I am an international donor (non-US), what are my donation charges and tax-deductibility?
All donations are made in US dollars, so the donations may be levied an exchange rate fee via your bank. Donors will want to connect with their bank to determine exactly what that fee may be. Additionally, international donors will need to reach out to a tax professional to discuss if and how tax deductibility will apply to their donation.
Who can sponsor my fundraising efforts?
The short answer is - everyone. The fundraising research shows that the number one reason for people not donating is that they weren't asked to.
That said, there are things you can do to attract people to sponsor you. Adding a picture to your fundraising page, telling potential donors why this cause is so personal to you, sharing your fundraising page on social media, email, and chat groups.
Last, if your employer has a gift matching program, check with the human resources department to support your favorite cause as well.
Who can I contact if I need help?
You can contact us any time if you need help. We love hearing from our users so please don't hesitate to write to us about issues, suggestions, or to just say hi. You can also contact the non-profit administrator directly if you would like.
How do I change or switch my team?
If you want to join a team (or create your team) after registration, login to the campaign site and you would find a link to edit "My Team" in the menu under your profile in the header.
THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS
------ x ------
CHARITY FOOTPRINTS, INC.
We're committed to making this world healthy, generous & happy by promoting fitness and encouraging charitable giving.