Funds raised by teams and individuals helps the Colon Cancer Foundation:
• To raise awareness of colorectal cancer (CRC), the importance of early detection and the most effective screening methods available;
• To increase awareness of CRC risk factors and factors that may help prevent CRC, including knowing one’s family/genetic cancer history, exercise and nutrition;
• To reduce the disparity that exists in CRC incidence and mortality rates by providing funds to improve screening rates in underserved and uninsured communities;
• To award translational research grants to young investigators studying genetic and epigenetic changes that will ultimately lead to new breakthroughs in the prevention of, therapy for and elimination of CRC in our lifetime;
• To organize and host the International Early Age Onset Colorectal Cancer Summit focused on mitigating this emerging global public health crisis;
• To leverage the impact of our donors’ support by developing broad public/private partnerships with local, regional, national and global organizations invested in a mutual goal of colorectal cancer prevention and early detection.
416,000 steps and raising funds for Colon Cancer Foundation. Please show your support and donate generously.
The Colon Cancer Challenge Foundation (CCCF) is a 501 (c) 3 not-for-profit organization registered in New York State and listed by the Federal IRS as a public charity dedicated to reducing colorectal cancer incidence and death. Its mission is to reduce colorectal cancer incidence and death through sustained efforts in four interrelated areas: public awareness, screening. prevention, and research.
About the Organization:
The Colon Cancer Foundation ™ started with the first Colon Cancer Challenge ® in 2004 organized by Dr. Thomas K. Weber - a surgical oncologist - who saw the need for increasing public awareness of colorectal cancer and the ways in which the disease can be prevented as well as the importance of expanding translational research focused on the causes of and improved treatments for colorectal cancer.
Since its first year the Colon Cancer Challenge ® has grown to attract thousands of participants and supporters from around the world. Over the past 15 years we have hosted participants from 48 states at the yearly event and raised more than $6 Million dollars to fight colorectal cancer.
For nearly 20 years, the Colon Cancer Foundation (CCF) has been dedicated to advancing colorectal cancer research, education and prevention. Money raised through the Colon Cancer Challenge ® allows CCF to educate patients and physicians about the need for earliest possible colorectal cancer diagnoses, and prevention through our national public awareness and education campaigns.
With funds raised during the Colon Cancer Challenge ® CCF participates in and supports local, state, national and global prevention programs. Our annual Summit focused on early age onset colorectal cancer (EAO CRC Summit) brings together those focused on understanding the dramatic increase in those diagnosed with CRC at an early age. In addition we are able to support young investigators whose translational research is focused on understanding the key drivers of EAO CRC and the need for a cure.
10 months ago
CHARITY FOOTPRINTS, INC.
We're committed to making this world healthy, generous & happy by promoting fitness and encouraging charitable giving.